Cruises To The Arctic
It’s time to travel to one of the most fascinating regions on Earth — the Arctic. Embark on a Poseidon Expeditions Arctic adventure, and you’ll come face to face with some of the world’s most interesting wildlife, towering glaciers, glistening icebergs, the frigid sea and, depending on your itinerary, nature’s greatest show of all — the Northern Lights. Poseidon Expeditions is ready to transport you to one of the world’s most spectacular places in style, comfort and with a heaping dose of adventure.
Experiencing an Arctic Cruise
A polar expedition is unlike anything you’ve done before, and the 114-guest Sea Spirit is unlike large mass-market ships where non-stop entertainment is the primary focus. With us, it’s all about the destination, the unique wildlife and otherworldly polar landscapes not found anywhere else on earth. On your Arctic cruise, you’ll be accompanied by some of the industry’s most experienced guides, and there will be plenty of opportunities to go ashore and learn about early explorers, the region’s varied wildlife and environmental issues that threaten this pristine wilderness.
Our Arctic adventures include:
• From the Highlands to the High Arctic: Depart Edinburgh, Scotland, embarking on an Arctic Circle cruise to the Orkney and Faroe islands, then a remote spot few humans ever visit — Jan Mayen. From this volcanic patch in the Arctic Ocean, you’ll continue to the archipelago of Svalbard, exploring its fjords in search of polar bears and other wildlife.
• Arctic Wildlife Safari: Depart from Longyearbyen on the Arctic island of Spitsbergen and explore the dramatic scenery of its northwestern coast, home to an abundance of Arctic wildlife. The adventure continues along the northern ice edge, where passengers watch for polar bears stalking their prey.
• Russian High Arctic: The Russian High Arctic archipelago of Franz Josef Land holds an important place in the history of polar exploration, yet not many humans venture this far north. Be one of few explorers to experience this formation of 190 islands, crossing the Barents Sea directly from Svalbard. Expect to find rich history, memorable landscapes and diverse wildlife on this excursion.
• Arctic Odyssey: Begin your Arctic expedition on the archipelago of Svalbard and finish in Iceland’s capital city of Reykjavik. Mountains, marine mammals, polar bears, musk ox and the untouched Northeast Greenland National Park are just a few of the unforgettable sights and experiences you’ll enjoy on this Arctic cruise.
• Arctic Sights and Northern Lights: Offered in September when the darkening skies of the late summer make the Aurora Borealis visible overhead, our incredible Northern Lights cruise begins and ends in Reykjavik, Iceland. Travel to East Greenland and the historic town of Ísafjörður. Each night presents an opportunity to see the Northern Lights in one of the most remote corners of the planet.
It can be challenging to know how to prepare for your adventure when traveling in the polar regions. View our guide on what to pack for a polar climate to better understand the clothing you’ll need to stay comfortable in the varying temperatures of the Arctic — where the elements can change from snow squalls to sunny, temperate weather in minutes.
You’ll never long for the comforts of home aboard the Sea Spirit, your home-away-from home for the duration of your Arctic voyage. This 114-passenger ice-class ship is perfectly suited for its mission – to provide an ample measure of comfort and well-being while taking you to some of the most remote areas of the polar world. Enjoy large, well-appointed staterooms, a club lounge and gracious restaurant, spacious presentation lounge, a fully equipped gym, library and even a bubbling jacuzzi for relaxing after a day of adventure.
The expansive outdoor deck is an ideal place to scan the passing scenery for wildlife – whales, walruses, polar bears and myriad species of seabirds. What’s more, all passengers enjoy open access to the bridge, where they can discover what it’s like to pilot an Arctic vessel from the captain and crew.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to rediscover your adventurous side and be one of few travelers to explore the wonders of the Arctic.
Your adventure is now just a few clicks or a phone call away.