Expedition Cruise Company
COME ABOARD OUR SHIPS FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE ANTARCTIC, ARCTIC OR NORTH POLE CRUISE EXPERIENCE!
Join a small group of curious, like-minded travelers for the trip of a lifetime — an Antarctic, Arctic or North Pole cruise. Step aboard one of our ships and travel to destinations unlike any other — lands of other-worldly icescapes, towering glaciers and unique wildlife.
All of this is accessed via one of our rugged yet comfortable vessels specifically designed for accessing the most extreme conditions and farthest reaches of the globe.
Embark in Ushuaia, Argentina. Just 600 miles to the southeast, across the storied Drake Passage, lies the Antarctic Peninsula. While not a great distance, the “White Continent” remains a world apart. Our expedition cruises are scheduled at the height of the Austral summer season — November through February — when waterways are open to navigation and wildlife is most active.What to Expect
• M/v Sea Spirit: The Sea Spirit’s ice-class hull, maneuverability and small size allow her to pursue itineraries not possible aboard conventional cruise company vessels. She boasts state-of-the-art navigation equipment, motion stabilizers as well as a long list of passenger amenities.
• Zodiac Adventures: To fully immerse our guests in the experience and take advantage of the many opportunities to view wildlife ashore, we utilize a fleet of inflatable Zodiac landing craft that can be deployed quickly from the back of the ship. We usually attempt several landings per day, permitting you maximum exposure to the many wildlife species and huge penguin colonies.
• Expert Guides: Our expedition leader and diverse team of polar specialists will guide you at landing sites and provide an informative program of onboard lectures, video presentations and discussions. Collectively, our naturalists, wildlife biologists, geologists and historians have been on hundreds of expedition cruises to Antarctica, and they know the best locations for both scenery and wildlife.
• Eco-Friendly Excursions: Our guides also ensure that our guests are able to explore this remote and fragile world in an environmentally responsible manner, leaving no mark on one of the last great untrammeled regions on Earth.
What to Expect
• From the Highlands to the High Arctic: Venture from Edinburgh, Scotland to Jan Mayen — a remote volcanic island few travelers ever have a chance to visit. Continue to the archipelago of Svalbard, in search of polar bears, marine mammals and other wildlife.
• Arctic Wildlife Safari: Head to the island of Spitsbergen’s wildlife-filled northwestern coast. Your adventure continues to the north-polar ice edge, where we’ll search for polar bears stalking their prey.
• Russian High Arctic: The Russian High Arctic holds an important place in the history of polar exploration, yet few humans venture this far north. Be one of the explorers to experience Franz Josef Land, crossing the Barents Sea and marveling at its abundance of wildlife.
• Arctic Odyssey: Begin your voyage on the archipelago of Svalbard and finish in historic Reykjavik, Iceland. Visit the untouched Northeast Greenland National Park, spot musk ox, reindeer and Arctic fox, and take in some of the world’s most remote natural scenery on this Arctic cruise.
• Arctic Sights and Northern Lights: One of Mother Nature’s best presentations, the Northern Lights, is a reason many travelers long to visit the Arctic. These September cruise begin and end in Reykjavik, Iceland. Each clear night presents an opportunity to see the legendary Aurora Borealis.
The top of the world. Venture with the best expedition cruise line to a place few explorers ever have a chance to see – the geographic North Pole. The adventure begins in Murmansk, Russia, and the roundtrip journey will take you through the frozen Arctic Ocean to the the highest latitude possible, 90º north. The history and wildlife on this cruise are exhilarating enough, but it’s the rarely visited destination and fact of traveling on a nuclear-powered icebreaker that make this a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
What to Expect
• Top of the World Celebration: Join hands and connect with fellow travelers from all over the globe in a place where no sovereign nation rules – the North Pole, amidst the fozen Arctic Ocean. When we navigate to 90 degrees north, we’ll all enjoy a champagne toast and memorable celebration in a place few will ever have the opportunity to visit.
• Franz Josef Land: The untouched wilderness of this archipelago is ideal for spotting polar bears, walruses, seals and the rare bowhead whale. Here, you’ll also have the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of iconic former North Pole explorers, such as Fridtjof Nansen.
• Free Activities: Passengers have the opportunity to take part in a variety of free activities on this unique expedition cruise. Enjoy helicopter tours, offering unrivaled views of the North Pole from above, and a free photography program with our on-site expert photographer.
In addition to the expeditionary elements that make Antarctic, Arctic and North Pole cruises so rewarding, Poseidon Expeditions takes great care to ensure your comfort and well-being. Our 114-passenger Sea Spirit is tastefully appointed with queen-size beds — or twins if you prefer — sofas, private facilities and thoughtful amenities. The 50 Years of Victory is a working icebreaker, yet beneath the rugged exterior lies a comfortable interior more akin to a traditional passenger vessel. Aboard either vessel, you’ll enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals from our internationally trained chefs.
Poseidon Expeditions is a top-expedition cruise company because we take our mission seriously: to provide curious, discerning travelers with the perfect combination of comfort and personable service, balance with maximum opportunities for outdoor activities in the spirit of adventure.